Philippe R. Hebert
Philippe R. Hebert (Phil) is a seasoned operations turnaround specialist with a proven track record in product, performance and market optimization in diverse manufacturing production environments. Phil is an industry leader in the conceptualization, development and implementation of world-class business and operational performance strategies that consistently exceed plan, revenue and profitability goals. He has direct experience in creating revenue growth and reducing costs within the industrial services, waste management and demolition industries.
Demolition & Remediation
Phil led the development of a program for delivery, transportation, accumulation, and dozing of coal piles. In this capacity, he oversaw the creation and maintenance of ash retaining walls, settling ponds and land reclamation for the largest electrical generating group in the Northeast. This included the grading of coal piles, ash, dirt and associated access roads. The implementation of this program was successfully completed ahead of schedule and under budget.
In another previous role, Phil project managed the demolition and relocation of a sterilization facility from NY to Mexico. In this role, he oversaw the safe disposal and removal of residual HazMatl.
Phil was previously responsible for a three year waste disposal project of PCB contaminated transformers drainage, oil reclamation, processing and safe disposal compliance for the 10th largest public utility company in the nation.
Phil has coordinated materials, logistics, and project managed the following:
- Copper mine in Mexico
- Deep Coal mine in Pennsylvania
- Strip Coal mine in Pennsylvania
Turnaround Management & Profit Improvement
- As President / COO for a plastic injection, roto-molding and blow molding company, Phil increased sales and profitability by changing the product mix to higher margin products. Phil also reduced down time and increased capacity with a modern preventative maintenance program and implementation of a 5S and SMED programs. Scrap and rework was reduced by 50%, and contracts were renegotiated that resulted in an overall price/cost reduction.
- Phil served as the Plant Manager for a struggling BioPharma Packaging plant that had lost $3.5MM each year for three consecutive years. Under Phil’s leadership, the plant became “break even” within one month. In addition to this, Phil was instrumental in developing and integrating a multi-cultural work force, eliminating overtime, implementing lean practices, as well as SMED, and significantly increasing machine uptime and reducing scrap.
- Developed and implemented operational strategies for purchasing, warehousing, supply chain management and transportation for a $4.5B holding company that yielded $125M in savings.
- Consolidated 2 telecommunications companies generating $10 million in savings.
- Consolidated 2 heavy machining operations in France into 1 facility increasing productivity by 25% and generating savings of $2.3 million.
- Turned around 3 divisions of a company from 5 years successive loses into a profitable position within 6.
Phil was awarded his Bachelor Degree in Business Administration from Louisiana University. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the National Industrial Warehouse Managers and is a Six Sigma Green Belt, a Certified Professional Materials Manager and a Certified Warehouse Manager, Certified Lead Auditor, and is multilingual/multicultural (English/Spanish/French) with two decades of experience in international and multi-plant operations.