Specialty Paper Products Retailer
Service:Asset & Enterprise Sales
Company:Specialty Paper Products Retailer
A specialty paper products retailer in the Northeast United States was on verge on bankruptcy. The business was undergoing severe financial distress, and amounts due to its vendors were well beyond normal terms. Vendors were holding back shipments and considering an involuntary insolvency filing
Focus was retained by company ownership to assess the situation, advise on strategic alternatives and maximize shareholder value via business sale.
- Obtained additional credit while determining the best course of action
- Stabilized the relationship with the vendors
- Determined that the best course of action was a sale of the business
- Helped market the Company to a wide range of both strategic and financial investors
- Assisted the company in selling majority ownership of the business to a bid party
- The Company was successfully sold to a private investor who has helped bring the business back to profitability after restructuring payables.
- Instead of a looming bankruptcy and probably liquidation of the business, the shareholders were able to maintain significant ownership in the ongoing entity.