Automotive Quality Control & Inventory Management Provider
Company:Automotive Quality Control & Inventory Management Provider
The Company grew rapidly beyond the ability of the organizational infrastructure of people, internal business practices and systems to operate profitability. The inability to control costs offset the rapid increase in revenues.
Focus as retained as Financial Advisor in planning of the Company's Chapter 11 filing.
Focus provided support in all aspects of the bankruptcy case, including managing the bidding process for the 363 sale, securing DIP financing and structuring its Asset Purchase Agreement.
Focus completed a number of key actions, including:
- Established Consensus: FMG met with management and obtained consensus that the Company must be sold quickly.
- Obtained Lender Support: FMG convinced the lender to fund the Company during insolvency proceedings.
- Retained Legal Counsel: FMG led the effort to obtain debtor’s legal counsel in both Canada and the US.
- Established Buyer Interest: FMG contacted potential buyers and established the platform for information flow.
- Managed Insolvency Proceedings: The FMG team developed the Company’s communication plan
- Negotiations with Potential Buyer: FMG selected the buyer of the debtor’s assets and negotiated the Asset Purchase Agreement with the successful stalking-horse bidder, moving the transaction along quickly.
- The lender received full loan payout on its original asset-based facility, no customer had a line shutdown and he acquirer is now a stronger player in the industry and has doubled its size.