Industry:Manufacturing & Processing
Company:$20M Manufacturer & Packager of Liquid-Filled and Aerosol Paint
A privately-owned, contract manufacturer and packager of artist-quality, liquid-filled paint products and aerosol paint was in financial trouble and facing bankruptcy.
The Company engaged a Focus Professional to assume the role of Vice President of Operations to assess the operations of the Company and to assist in the turnaround process.
- The Focus Professional implemented a preventive maintenance program to increase line uptime.
- Inventory levels were established for production items to increase order completion levels and improve on-time shipping performance.
- Base parameters were established to determine which products were to run on which line.
- With the help of the Focus Professional, line changeover decreased, headcount was reduced by 20 per cent, and scheduling was improved.
- Following the completion of the restructuring, the Company emerged from bankruptcy, returned to profitability, and was subsequently sold to a major NYSE listed Company for $25 million.