Outsourced Merchandising Services Provider
Company:A provider of outsourced merchandising services to major consumer product manufacturers and large retail chains.
The Company provided national merchandising for consumer hard goods in three primary service areas: 1) in-home and in-office furniture assembly services; in-store assembly services; and in-store merchandising services to manufacturers of home improvement products and equipment.
Focus was engaged to review the Company’s operations in order to gain visibility into its cash flow, profitability and liquidity.
- Reviewed and analyzed the Company’s business operations, management and financial statements, in order to evaluate its financial projections for the following year.
- Worked with the Company’s management team to develop a weekly cash flow projection model by business unit.
- The model enabled the company to better gauge its current and short term projected cash position; resulting in a more robust process in managing disbursement activity.
- Focus determined that the company had a significant impending liquidity need as a result of the loss of certain revenues, as well as the seasonality of its revenues. The equity sponsor was unwilling to fund the need and the lender decided to exit the loan.
- Focus worked closely with existing management to assist in identifying an institution to take out the lender’s position.