Industrial Truck Dealer
Service:Asset & Enterprise Sales
Company:A full-service, material handling and industrial truck dealer located in the Southeast United States
The company was experiencing significant and sudden decreases in business volume as the region was experiencing an equally significant change to its manufacturing base. The dealer was consistently in a significant overdraft situation, and so far out of trust, that after months of internal attempts to rectify the situation, the primary secured lender discontinued funding of all working capital.
A Focus Professional worked with multiple secured lenders and the IRS in order to facilitate acceptance of the Focus prepared plan, and upon acceptance, implemented this plan.
- Upon arrival, a Focus professional immediately discovered a significant unpaid payroll tax liability and worked on behalf of multiple secured lenders to develop a plan to maximize asset conversion.
- The plan involved immediate determination of a skeleton crew of former employees at multiple sites to work towards maximizing asset conversion value, in conjunction with the obtaining and organizing the detail required for a UCC Article 9 sale/auction.
- Despite inaccurate Company records, the remaining team in conjunction with a Focus professional proceeded to identify, locate, value and consolidate these assets on three remaining open sites, close all other sites and accurately identify lien holders of each asset for auction.
- Accounts receivable collections significantly exceeded expectations as active rental customers continued to be billed and collected during this wind-down process.
- Equally as important, auction results also significantly exceeded expectations as assets were sold consistently at levels that approached and in many cases exceeded residual values.
- In addition, a contact database manager was developed as significant interest was fostered by Focus in the real estate.
- The sale of the assets in conjunction with the sale of the real estate resulted in a 100% pay-off of all outstanding balances, including liquidation costs, for the primary secured lender.