Company:Operator of 46 Hotel Entities
This hotel operator was operating in bankruptcy with very little cash, tire/rundown hotels, no DIP financing. The Company was also facing many lawsuits regarding its sale to an entity which was financed by another bankrupt hotel company. There was very low employee morale and very little expectation that the Company would survive.
A Focus Professional was engaged by the company to act as interim Chief Executive Officer and maximize returns to all stakeholders in the company.
- A Focus Professional developed a business plan, retained key employees and recruited new management team members.
- Sufficient cash flow was created to keep operating while in bankruptcy and outstanding IRS issues were resolved.
- The Focus Professional negotiated all litigation settlements.
- All major issues were resolved, and the Company emerged from Chapter 11 proceedings as an American Stock Exchange listed company.
- Stock price increased 500% while a Focus Professional acted as CEO post Chapter 11, which provided excellent recoveries to stakeholders.