Hardware Store Retailer
Company:Hardware Store Retailer with 35 Locations
A retailer of hardware, lumber and other home supplies with 35 stores throughout Texas found itself in a liquidity crisis as a result of declining sales and inventory write-downs.
Focus Management Group was engaged to identify profit improvement initiatives for the Company and implement a turnaround plan.
- Prepared analysis of operations and profitability on a store-by-store basis, including inventory levels, inventory turns, and seasonal products
- Prepared a rolling 13-week cash flow and liquidity forecast in order to determine projected financing needs
- Formulated and assisted implementation of a strategic plan to improve profitability, including store rationalization and margin improvement
- Prepared profit and loss statements, balance sheet and cash flow statements
- Communicated turnaround plan to the Company’s secured lenders
- Focus developed a comprehensive business plan that identified profit improvement initiatives related to sales mix, product pricing, merchandising, store rationalization, inventory optimization, labor costs and vehicle costs.
- The financial and liquidity projections developed by Focus were used as the basis for negotiating forbearance agreements with the Company’s secured lenders in order to restructure the debt and provide the Company with the time necessary to fully implement the turnaround plan.
- The turnaround plan developed by Focus Professionals was successfully implemented, and the retailer continues to be profitable today.