Beef & Chicken Processor
Industry:Agriculture & Growing
Company:Beef and Chicken Processor ($200 million in revenues)
A beef and chicken processor was undergoing severe financial distress. The Company’s relationship with its secured lender was strained and the Company had been given a few months to find another lender, which heightened the crisis environment. A bankruptcy filing appeared likely in the near future.
Focus Management Group was engaged to review the Company’s operations and make recommendations to improve financials and operations.
- The Focus Professional soothed the relationship between the Company and the secured lender.
- Innovative operating reductions were instituted, which quickly turned losses into profits.
- Actions were initiated that increased on-time deliveries and fill rates with a significant reduction in inventory and increase in working capital.
- Our Focus Professional also identified other cost reductions that saved the Company $1MM annually.
- Due to the efforts of Focus Management Group, a Chapter 11 filing was avoided, the secured lender removed its demand to the Company to find another lender and the Company became consistently profitable.